Castle Frightmare! is the fifth level in Ape Escape 2.
Castle Frightmare is a castle with a small graveyard out the front. Inside the mansion, it introduces more platforming such as jumping on chairs and dodging giant swinging bananas. There is also a secret area with chemicals and coffins.
Time Trial Edit
The time trial for this level requires you to catch 4 monkeys
This level requires you to catch 8 monkeys the first time you play it
Arthur (Secret Monkey)
The Invisible Monkey (Secret Monkey)
Enemies Introduced Edit
- Many monkeys in this level are reference to literature.
- Arthur is a reference to King Arthur of legend.
- Virgil might be a reference to the poet Virgil.
- The Invisible Monkey is a reference to The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells.
- Monk Quixote is a reference to Don Quixote, both of which hate windmills.
- Count Monkula is a reference to Dracula by Bram Stoker.
- Hyde is a reference to Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Stein is a reference to Frankenstein by Mary Shelly.
- Pierce's phrase says 'armor' instead of 'pants' in the NTSC Version.